Hello March! I think I can speak for a good chunk of the nation when I say that March's arrival couldn't get here fast enough. With a cold, messy winter on the history books, I'm sure many of you are more than ready for spring to begin.
The first two months of the year are behind us, and now it's time for another marketing plan check-up! So let's get those plans back on the table to see how you did, what's on the agenda for the month, and where you need to make adjustments.
- What did you complete from your marketing plan in February? Review your "wins" for the month and evaluate the results.
- What tasks were overlooked or skipped? If there were things you did not complete, you should consider moving them into a different month of your plan.
- Do you need to make any changes in protocol for this month to ensure everything gets accomplished? If you are finding it hard to get your marketing tasks done on time, there may be a better person suited to take on the task or a different method of getting it completed. Having a hard time hitting deadlines? Consider creating a "meeting" on your own calendar for marketing tasks as a way of blocking off time to get things done.
- How is the budget? Review your marketing budget and make adjustments if necessary.
- What topics/themes should you use in your Social Media and Blog posts? Spring season, Daylight Savings Time, St. Patrick's Day, spring sports (baseball) and March Madness (basketball) are a few March topic ideas.
- What's on the horizon for next month? You always want to be one step ahead (or more) if you can, so start looking into April and May for any upcoming events, promotions, travel and marketing topics to be discussed.
The start of a new month is also a good time to review your website content to ensure that everything is accurate and up-to-date. If you need to make a change, you can use our online Support Ticket to submit your request.