Just how important is it, really, for you to post regularly to your law firm blog? It's a hassle, right? Coming up with something pithy to write, logging into your account, posting, sharing, etc.? And after all, how many people really read your blog? You seldom get insightful commentary from visitors. Isn't this just one more marketing gimmick you can skip?
Hang on! Before you pull the plug on your blog, better get your facts straight! Daily blogging and social media support are important aspects of The Essential Solution® marketing program, and most Essential Attorneys are faithful about posting to their blogs and sharing on social media. So, we reviewed marketing performance statistics to see whether blogging is really a high-return activity.
Here is what we found:
Bloggers Get More Website Traffic
- Referrals from your blog account for, on average, about 25 percent of all traffic website traffic. Simply put, about one-fourth of all the people who visit your website are coming from your Essential blog!
- Perhaps even more importantly, when you share your blog posts on Facebook, we find that, on average, another one-third of your website visitors come from Facebook.
- For those of you who are keeping track, this means that your blog posts are generating nearly 60 percent (25 + 33 = 58) of your website traffic!
Bloggers Get Higher Google Rank
- Your blog also adds to your website's index on Google. In fact, Kyle Krull now has 1,770 website pages indexed on Google -- a 1,710 of those are from his blog! Google loves well-indexed websites with lots of content, and rewards Kyle with page one rank for 17 of his Essential key search terms in organic search!
- Your blog posts also are indexed by Google and will show up for key local searches. In fact, a recent search for "Family Business Succession" in Overland Park, KS delivered more than 251,000 results -- and Kyle Krull held the top three spots on page one. Two of those three were blog posts.
But don't just trust our research. HubSpot recently released their own blogging impact research statistics from 7,000 of their customers.
- Companies that blog 15 or more times per month get five times more traffic to their websites than companies that don't.
- Smaller businesses (1 to 10 employees) actually tend to see the biggest traffic gains from blogging.
- Companies that increase blogging from 3 to 5 times per month to 6 to 8 times per month almost double their leads.
- An average company will see a 45% growth in TRAFFIC when increasing total blog articles from 11-20 to 21-50.
- Companies with more than 200 blog articles have MORE THAN FIVE TIMES AS MANY LEADS than those with 10 or fewer.
To learn more about how blogging impacts your marketing, join me for a webinar, "Blogging to Boost Law Firm Marketing Performance" on Wednesday, July 17th at 11 a.m. CENTRAL time. You can register in advance here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/891155330
Note: Registrations must be approved, last-minute registrations may not get in, so go ahead and register now!